The Microsoft 70-412: Configuring Advanced Windows Server 2012 Services R2 course covers in detail the advanced networking services, Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS), identity management, rights management, Federated services, network load balancing, failover clustering, business continuity, and disaster recovery in the purview of a Windows Server 2012 infrastructure.This course is part three of a series of courses that validate the advanced configuring tasks necessary to deploy, manage and maintain a Windows Server 2012 infrastructure, such as fault tolerance, certificate services, and identity federation. This course, along with the others in this series, will validate the skills and knowledge necessary for implementing, managing, maintaining and provisioning services and infrastructure in a Windows Server 2012 environment.
- Configure advanced features for Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP), Domain Name System (DNS), and configure IP Address Management (IPAM) withWindows Server 2012
- Configure and manage iSCSI, BranchCache, and FSRM
- Configure DAC to manage and audit access to shared files
- Plan and implement an AD DS deployment that includes multiple domains and forests
- Plan and implement an AD DS deployment that includes locations
- Implement and configure an Active Directory Certificate Services (AD CS) deployment
- Implement an AD RMS deployment
- Implement an AD FS deployment
- Provide high availability and load balancing for web-based applications by implementing Network Load Balancing (NLB)
- Implement and validate high availability and load balancing for web-based applications by implementing NLB
- Provide high availability for network services and applications by implementing failover clustering
- Implement a failover cluster, and configure and validate a highly available network service
- Deploy and manage Hyper-V virtual machines in a failover cluster
- Implement a backup and disaster recovery solution based on business and technical requirements
- Understand appropriate command-line, PowerShell and applicable management shell commands
Candidate must have experience in Windows Server 2008 or 2012 servers day to day in an Enterprise environment.
This course is designed for Information Technology (IT) professionals, who have Windows Server 2012 operating system knowledge and experience and want to validate the skills and knowledge necessary to configure advanced services in a Windows Server 2012 infrastructure.